Field Notes National Parks (3-Packs)
Gorgeous illustrations of eighteen iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of eighteen Memo Books, which are grouped into the six 3-Packs that make up the "National Parks" Series. Choose your favorite 3-Pack or choose them all before they're gone!
The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed Field Notes to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
National Parks Pack A - Yosemite, Acadia, Zion (3-Pack)
Includes Yosemite National Park and Zion National Park, both by Dan McCarthy, and Acadia National Park by Telegramme Paper Co.
National Parks Pack B - Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Mt. Rainier (3-Pack)
Grand Canyon National Park by DKNG Studios, Joshua Tree National Park by The Little Friends of Printmaking, Mount Rainier National Park by Glenn Thomas.
National Parks Pack C - Rocky Mtn, Great Smoky Mtns, Yellowstone (3-Pack)
Rocky Mountain National Park by Rory Kurtz, Great Smoky Mountains National Park by Chris Turnham, Yellowstone National Park by Brave the Woods.
National Parks Pack D - Grand Teton, Arches, Sequoia (3-Pack)
Grand Teton National Park by Eric Nyffeler, Arches National Park by Nicolas Delort, Sequoia National Park by Glenn Thomas.
National Parks Pack E - Denali, Cuyahoga Valley, Olympic (3-Pack)
Denali National Park by Dan McCarthy, Cuyahoga Valley National Park by Kim Smith, Olympic National Park by Daniel Danger.
National Parks Pack F - Glacier, Hawaii Volcanoes, Everglades National Parks (3-Pack)
Glacier National Park by Laurent Durieux, Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park by Vincent Roche, Everglades National Park by Mike Tabie.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White", with a fine, 1-color application of "Green Earth" soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" x 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.