CountyComm Combat Engineer Dyneema Thread - Who wouldn't want thread that will hold 130 pounds and is easy to carry, including our Uncle Sam? When Uncle Sam ordered Dyneema Thread for his Combat Engineers, his EOD people wanted some too. We had more produced, and now we have some extras, fresh from the mill.
Specs: 50 Feet, 0.288mm thick on a dispenser roll with thread cutter. (Don't let the thin size of this thread fool you, you must have a tool to cut this thread.) On a weight-for-weight basis, Dyneema is 15 times stronger than steel and is 40 percent stronger than most aramid fibers.
The dispenser is compact and resembles a small dental floss box with a removable roll. Other than the box, there is no similarity to dental floss.
- Why Dyneema Combat Engineer Thread?
- Resistance chemicals
- Low density
- Invisible to ultra-violet light sources and thermal imaging devices
- Floats on water
- Smooth to the touch
- Fire resistant and self-extinguishing
- Can withstand extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Biologically inert (doesn't cause a reaction to the human body)
- Sonic velocity and acoustic impedance near that of water
- High electrical resistance
- Elongation at break is low, energy needed to break is high
- Very high strength (15x stronger than steel)