Developed by a former Operator/Medic with 14 years experience in Operational Medicine -former USAF Pararescue Journeyman (Para-Jumper or PJ), Contractor DoJ/FBI SWAT Operations, National Registry Paramedic, and Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Why use SWAT-T:
- Approved for Fire/EMS, School Resource Officers, Outdoor enthusiast (hunters/hikers/etc.), and home usage.
- The SWAT-T is carried by military and law enforcement.
- The SWAT-T is safer and more effective than other strap/windlass tourniquets.
- Easy to learn and train on. Simple to use.
- In a class by itself, the SWAT-T is a multi-function first aid device. Multiple Documented Saves!
- For Less severe bleeding:
- Use the SWAT-T directly over the wound as a pressure wrap
- Can wrap over gauze or hemostatic agent
- Ensure the ovals / rectangles / diamonds do not become circles / squares (equals tourniquet pressures)
- Ensure pulse in wrist/ankle is still present
- Other uses:
- Can hold ice next to strains/sprains
- Can be used to stabilize a broken bone or joint after injury
- Ensure SWAT-T is not overtightened