The Yo Yo Mechanical Automtaic Fishing reels are made of galvanized steel with a tempered spring that
automatically sets the hook when the trigger is released by a fish taking the bait.
These are compact and lightweight and perfect for adding to a survival kit, in a survival situation these little reels can catch dinner while you create shelter and tend the fire.
They can be attached to limbs,boat docks, the side of a boat, or any other means that will suspend the reel a couple of
inches above the water. They also make an excellent device for Ice Fishing.
- Galvanized steel construction
- Flat Trigger
- The reel has a swivel attachment for connecting a line/hook-length
- Supplied bulk packed
- Made in the U.S.A
Instructions for use
Please check your local fishing/trapping laws before using these outside of a survival situation
- Attach line/hook-length to swivel, in swift water add sinker to line
- Fasten the reel to a suitable object such as a stick, tree limb, dock, boat, etc
- Adjust desired tension of reel by winding lineo n reel clockwise for strong tension and unwinding line off reel for slack tension as desired until hook is 2 to 6 inches above the water
- Bait the hook with minnows, worms, cricket, etc.
- Place reel in palm of hand and pull down on line to the desired depth and press down on the back arm of the trigger and ease back on the line until trigger arm engages in slot on reel. A slight pull on the line will tip the trigger and reel in the fish.
- Add a drop of oil occasionally to the trigger pin