The Maxpedition Encore RFID Blocking wallet has a metallic screen-mesh material within the lining that protects your Credit and Debit cards from fraudulent or mistaken RFID scanning/skimming.
Most credit and debit cards now have touchless payment technology so the card can be used for payment at a checkout without the need to swipe or enter a pin. Although a useful function it leaves cards open to skimming.
RFID Skimming is a form of digital theft, which enables information from RFID based smart cards to be read and duplicated. It can be used as a form of wireless identity theft or credit card theft among other forms of information theft. Typically it works by illegitimate reading of RFID chips at a distance using a cheap RFID reader device, which downloads the card information.
- Overall size: 4.5"(L) x 0.5"(W) x 3.5"(H)
- 1 6" x 3.875" interior sleeve pocket
- 3 card slip pockets
- Interior clear vinyl ID window
- RFID blocking material, shields contents from detection or remote access
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric