Fisher Space Pen 400 Raw Brass Bullet Pen
3 3/4" closed. 5 1/4" open. Black ink. Medium point. Uses standard Fisher pressurized refill. All brass construction. When closed the pen is the ideal size to be carried in wallet, pocket, purse, glove box, organizer, or tool box. When open it is a full sized, evenly balanced writing instrument.
NOTE: This pen casing is raw unfinished brass. Over time each pen will develop a unique patina as it responds to the environment, owner's body chemistry, and the way it is handled. It may be polished to restore its original look. Clear composition hardshell storage box.
The Fisher Space Pen was designed and created by Paul Fisher in 1968. The pen was designed by Paul as he found a need for a use of a pen in space as astronuats began to explore our universe. There was no pen that was able to write in the extreme conditions of space : FREEZING COLD, BOILING HEAT VACUUM.
The Fisher space pen is the ultimate in dependability. Every Space Pen is guaranteed to perform in temperatures from -30 to 250 degrees F, underwater, in zero gravity at any angle-even upside down! It's reliability means it's the only pen you'll ever need.
- Raw brass finish that will develop a patina
- 3 3/4" closed
- 5 1/4" open
- Black ink - medium point
- Accepts standard Fisher refills
- Thixotropic ink in a hermetically sealed and pressurized reservoir writes three times longer
- Ink will not dry out for over one hundred years
- Will write up to 3 miles of writing from one refill
- Writes in 30 to 250 degrees F.
- At any angle, even upside down
- On most surfaces
- In boiling hot vacuum