The Fisher Space Pen was designed and created by Paul Fisher in 1968. The pen was designed by Paul as he found a need for a use of a pen in space as astronuats began to explore our universe. There was no pen that was able to write in the extreme conditions of space : FREEZING COLD, BOILING HEAT VACUUM.
The Fisher space pen is the ultimate in dependability. Every Space Pen is guaranteed to perform in temperatures from -30 to 250 degrees F, underwater, in zero gravity at any angle-even upside down! It's reliability means it's the only pen you'll ever need.
The Fisher Space pen pressurized refill ink cartridge is the clever part of the pen:
- Writes in 30 to 250 degrees F.
- At any angle, even upside down
- On most surfaces
- In boiling hot vacuum
- Stainless steel, preceision-machined socket prevents leaks and oozing, yet delivers instant uniform ink flow.
- Thixotropic ink in a hermetically sealed and pressurized reservoir writes three times longer
- Ink will not dry out for over one hundred years!
- Will write upto 3 miles of writing from one refill!
- Length open with cap on end: 135mm
- Length closed: 95mm
- Cap length: 65mm
- Barrel length: 90mm