Field Notes Campfire (Limited Edition)
LIGHT IT UP! - Each pack includes a Campfire Patch
Field Notes 35th Quarterly Edition celebrates a chemical process we witness nearly every day, but rarely take the time to appreciate. Fire gives us heat and light. Fire can frighten and endanger us. With a bit of olive oil, it makes asparagus palatable. But in its most primal, elemental state, it inspires us to gather around and watch it while we share stories, ideas and friendship.
We hope these memo books will inspire you to spend some time gazing into a fire this summer. Its ridiculously satisfying to collect some wood, carefully build it into an attractive structure, then watch the dramatic light show as it burns away into smoke and ash, leaving no trace.
Our inspiration comes from everywhere and anywhere, but "Campfire" started with an actual campfire. Steve, Matt, and Bryan set out one afternoon to northern Illinois to build, film, and photograph the process of building, enjoying, and extinguishing a campfire.
Matts family has a summer house on Long Lake that made a great location for our shoot. His grandparents bought the family land, which was originally used as resort, and built the house there. Matts parents, Jim and Chris, welcomed us as we set out to collect some flagstones and dig a fire pit along the lake shore, filming, and photographing the process.
With at least three ex-Scouts here at Field Notes Midwest HQ, we feel any night spent around a fire in the woods, should be rewarded with a patch. So, we created a handsome 2-1/4" one inspired by (but larger than) merit badges, and our friends at Brewery Outfitters in PDX stitched em up. There's one included with every 3-Pack. We hope you'll wear yours, and that our Summer 2017 Field Notes come in handy as you become a true Campfire Master.
- Pack of 3 notebooks each with a cover showing each stage of a campfire
- Campfire Patch included with each pack
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA
- Cover: WestRock Tango Coated Cover C1S Paperboard "White" slathered with a whopping fifteen (five per book) hand-picked soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White", with a fine, 1-color application of soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with gold staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" x 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.